F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
- I registrated but I didn't receive the confirmation e-mail.
- It is possible that the validation email has fallen into the spam folder. If you still haven't found it after checking, you can ask to receive a new validation email in your connected space. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to send an email to email@example.com (using your registration email) so that the registration is validated manually.
- I forgot my password. What do I do?
- You can reset your password by following this link Forgot your password?. Please fill in the email related to your account to reset your password (after the validation of your request).
- How is my personal data handled?
- We must distinguish two types of data hosted on Lockee.fr.
First, the personal data related to the user account which are kept in the database are: the email address, the encrypted password (one way), the name and the first name. These data are used only for the proper functioning of the service and are not transferred or sold to third parties and are kept until the user account is permanently deleted.
Then, the data related to the padlocks registered in the database are: the padlock identifier, the name assigned, the type of padlock, the encrypted opening code (and therefore decryptable by the service), the type of content, the associated content (not encrypted) and the owner of the padlock. This data is kept until the relevant lock is removed.
- Can I get additional locks?
- If you no longer have enough of the 60 locks provided at the beginning because you absolutely must keep the other assets (sharing on the web for example), do not hesitate to send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org address to increase the maximum limit of your account. Please do not forget that the unnecessary hosting of locks at a financial but also ecological cost.
- Can I use the service for commercial use?
- The use of the service for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. When a project does not respect these conditions, the associated account may be deleted without any warning and without the possibility to recover the content. However, commercial projects have the possibility to install a Wordpress platform hosted on their own server in order to add the standalone Lockee extension which is available for free. This is the only solution: no paid offer of the service is proposed for the moment.
- I would like to delete my account permanently. How to do this?
- You can permanently delete your account (and all associated locks) by logging in and going to your account page. Be careful, the deletion of the data (locks associated with the account) is definitive.
- What are the steps to create a lock?
- To create a lock, several steps will guide you to fill in the order:
- The choice of the name for the padlock (not public) and possibly a custom link;
- The choice of the type of lock (numbers, directions, colors, schema, password, ...);
- The choice of the opening code for the lock;
- The choice of the content to be displayed when opening the lock;
- Entering the content to be displayed when opening the lock.
- What are the different types of locks available?
- It is possible to create the following locks:
- Digital : you must type the code on a numeric keypad;
- Directional (4 directions) : you must type the code on a directional keyboard (top, bottom, left, right)
- Directional (8 directions) : you must type the code on a directional keyboard (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NO);
- With colors : you have to type the code on a keyboard with colors;
- Musical : you must type the code on a piano keyboard (including a scale);
- With pattern : it is necessary to draw a path on a grid including nine points;
- With switches (4x4) : you have to activate the right switches in the grid;
- With switches (5x5) : you have to activate the right switches in the grid;
- With ordered switches (4x4) : you have to activate in the right order the right switches in the grid;
- With ordered switches (5x5) : you have to activate in the right order the right switches in the grid;
- Geotagged (real) : you have to move and use the location of the device;
- Geotagged (virtual) : you must enter coordinates or use an address (to get the coordinates);
- Username / Password : you must enter a username and password (text fields);
- Password : you must enter a password (text field)..
- Digital : you must type the code on a numeric keypad;
- What content can be displayed when opening a lock?
- The following contents can be displayed after opening a lock:
- a text : a text with formatting (bold, underlining, colors) that can contain links;
- an image : an image of your device directly hosted on the site;
- a sound file : a sound from your device directly hosted on the site;
- an external video : a video hosted on an external site (Youtube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Mediacad or Apps.Education.fr);
- a webpage : a redirection to an external web page.
- Can I use the service to transmit sensitive information?
- The service was built to answer a specific problem: to create virtual locks that can be used in the context of escape-game. It is therefore not advisable to use the service to transmit sensitive information. First, the lock opening code is stored encrypted in the database. This means that it is not directly visible but that it may be possible, knowing the encryption process, to decrypt it. In addition, the content displayed when the lock is opened is stored in the database without any encryption (this is not a problem in the game).
Import/export of locks
- Can I export locks so I can delete them and save space?
- Thanks to the export buttons, it is actually possible to export a padlock in xml format to save it off-site. The information in the xml file can be modified excluding the content of the lock and security key because the site will check that they are in conformity with the original publication.
- How to import locks on the site?
- On the page Import, it is possible to re-import one or more locks on the website (within the maximum number allowed). When a custom link has been defined, it is automatically reused when importing so that all previously used links become valid again.
- What are the ways to access a lock?
- After creating a lock, it is possible to access it:
- by a direct link like: https://en.lockee.fr/o/lock-id
- by a custom link like: https://en.lockee.fr/o/user-id/custom-link
- by a QR-code generated automatically referring to one of the two previous links (visual below);
- by an iFrame code that can be integrated into other web pages with the code below:
<iframe src="https://en.lockee.fr/o/lock-id" width="350" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>.